Thursday, March 20, 2008

Catching Up

Let's see. It's been quite a while since I've blogged about anything. So let's take inventory and see where we are.

I've shut down the Etsy shop. I just wasn't keeping up with it. I had plenty of ideas and supplies, just no time or space in which to work. My "workshop" got moved when I split with my one-day-to-be-ex-husband to a small room in a town home I'm renting. Then that room was the only place to put all of my supplies and ended up being storage. There's barely any room to move in there.

I've been knitting up a storm! However, I haven't finished anything in quite a while. I keep thinking to myself that if I can ever make myself finish my started projects, I'll have a week or so of amazing progress. One finished object after the other flying off the needles....would be nice. I just have to make myself stop starting things. So, to that end, I'm on a yarn diet. Not only because $100.00 yarn shopping sprees are starting to effect my credit, but for the above stated reasons as well, I have to finish four projects before I can buy any more yarn. I have one pair of socks for my best friend to finish. Unfortunately this person has the biggest feet on the planet and I used size 1 needles. I have a beautiful Scandinavian Fair Isle sock from the cover of Vogue Knitting; The Ultimate Sock Book, to finish. I'm making it in bright green Wollmeise. I need to complete a baby sweater from Knit Simple (Scalloped Cardigan #27). And I want to finish a fair isle hat from a class that I'm taking at Tempe Yarn & Fiber, with Jean.

My job is ending on July 1st. Nothing personal, just the funding that pays my salary is running out. I've been on two interviews so far and I've applied for several positions. One interview was for the lab next door. I'd be doing the exact same thing that I'm doing now, which would be a comfort. The other interview was for a job that I'd forgotten I'd applied for. I hope I didn't seem to daft. It took until nearly the end of the interview to figure out that they were talking about lung cancer...not brain cancer! Sheesh. Yeah, I'm not sure I got that one. Sadly, yesterday, I saw the lab next door interviewing someone else too. So, my hopes aren't all that high right now. Wish me luck. You know, I wish I was sound editor for Audible.com. That way I could knit and listen to books all day. I think that would be my dream job. Right now, my favorite author is Douglas Preston. Although, I just listened to "Neverwhere" and I really enjoyed it, even though I've never really been a sci fi/fantasy fan.

1 comment:

Aesox said...

Holey Change, Bat Girl!! Change homes, marital status and jobs...Hope you're hanging in there!!!

Thread Bangers