Friday, May 11, 2007

Musings About Recycled Knit


I think I'll finish the retro messenger bag this evening and it'll be available in the shop soon. I have the same bag in denim that I made several years ago and it's one of my favorites for toting around projects. In fact, right now I have a beautiful cross stitch that needs to be finished in it...note to self: finish the cross stitch.

I thought of an idea this morning in the shower. I have several old sweaters that are still extremely beautiful but very small for me anymore. I want to make drawstring backpacks out of them, I think. I can recycle them.



I could make one like this with some nifty drawstrings or leather straps, and just line it with some pretty fabric. Or I could get fancier too, an try to duplicate the green bag above, by adding some tassels and handles.
I could also make a tote like the ones hanging here. (sigh) Too many ideas to count.

After the post yesterday, I realised that I need to go through my stash of supplies. I have so many ideas that I'm absolutely sure that I've packed many many away in boxes. (Like I need more after the list I've already posted.) It would be nice to see what I've got. I think it would help me to make an inventory too. Does any one else have any ideas as to how to keep track of all my ideas?

I started a sketch book, but I lost it in the great stacks of stuff I have. I also started a portfolio of all the things I've already done, but I keep forgetting to take pictures of them before I sell them and never see them again. I guess this blog will help with that!

For instructions on how to make the above bags see the following links:

1 comment:

lisa said...

Sweet
I'm glad you found the option to link this! Nice blog. I'll be visiting more often, I hope :)

Thread Bangers