Friday, May 11, 2007

What Would You Rather Have?

I think my problem is that I'm too spread out in my tastes. I love to make jewelry, knit, work with polymer clay, make clothing, makes bags, paint, decopage....

I also think I'm distracted by the things around me. For most artists, being surrounded by multi-colored, multi-textural elements helps to spur the imagination:

My issue is that I'm surrounded by stacks of projects that are half done and projects that have yet to be started. I have so many ideas that I've forgotten more inventions than I can possibly write down.




I would just love to work at home full time on my business and be creative all day.


Then there's my other problem; The Internet. If there were any shortage of ideas in the world, the problem was solved with the Internet.

Look here:
http://www.naughtysecretaryclub.com/ and here: http://www.missmalaprop.com/ and over here too! http://www.adornmag.com/blog/

I was just lost on the net when I came across some pictures of someone else's "Craft Cave" and realised that mine wasn't so bad. I have a few mannequins that need names though. Any ideas? I won't post pictures of the boxes, or of the shelves in the garage, or the baskets by the rocking chair, or under the bed...Ok...ok...so maybe I am that bad.

Maybe if I start a list of ideas here I can keep up.

1) the retro messenger bag
2) 50s polka-dot dress
3) aprons
4) wrap around pants
5) tiered skirts

That's just what I have sitting on the floor in front of my sewing table!
6) necktie dresses and skirts
7) wallets
8) printed bags
9) printed Ts
10) girls knit blankets (not for sale)
11) toddler clothing

Sheesh! I could be here all day!

No comments:

Thread Bangers