Friday, May 18, 2007

Promise to Inventory & The Lack of Stuff in My Shop

I've promised myself and several other people that I'll create an inventory of items that I have for sale and items that I still have to make. My husband has volunteered to help me with this. Is this an adventure that he should join me on? I'm afraid that he'll want to throw away things that I want to keep or that he'll decide that I never need to shop again or start another project again. I was very excited that he was interested in helping me...but the more I think about it, the more I think that maybe I'll keep my mess to myself.

On another note; I've brought great numbers of people to Etsy to check out my shop. I've found out that most people are shopping at Etsy...just not my shop. One dear friend was even honest enough with me to tell me that my shop seemed a bit empty. This is all understandable, because Etsy isn't my full time job. It's also understandable because all of my products are made with the utmost care and therefore take a while to create. So with the fact that I'm only "creating" my art in my spare time and that each piece takes a while to finish...I can see how the shop would look empty.

Has anyone else ever noticed that your loved ones tend to eat up all your profits? DD wants the retro girls bag and some earrings too. If DD gets something, SDS will want something too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Honey.

I think you're doing a great job. Keep up the good work. We're all proud of you!

Love you.

Jamie J. DeChon said...

Awwwww.

Thread Bangers